Saturday 16 February 2013

When Zombie's invade Canada; it's always good to have a plan, right?


Good to know our tax dollars are going towards protecting Canadians from every 'possible threat'. 
I'm using that sentence loosely.

Video from MacleansMagazine Published on Feb. 13th, 2013 Youtube.com

As a dedicated "The Walking Dead" fan, I enjoyed this little bit of fun in the House of Commons. But then I  let my imagination start rolling and started thinking, what if there was a zombie pandemic, that's epicenter was somewhere in the United States. Open up your imagination and think about it. Where would everyone be trying to run to in running away from that center. The Canadian US border is huge and vastly covered by forest. Even if roadways were blocked and checkpoints were made, zombies would eventually make their way through.

D: 

Would our government, in honor of human rights, let people through to safety. Or by means of self preservation force them to turn back into the zombie infested unknown. 

Freaky stuff.

Geographically speaking, how would a location of said zombie epicenter effect the spread of zombies across the US and into Canada. Like say if the pandemic began in LA, I would think the west coast would be on high alert. If it was NYC, then Ontario Quebec followed closely by the east coast. If we went further north, would the cold slow the Zombies down?

I remember in high school reading a book for English class, The Chrysalids by John Wyndam (wiki info). If you ever have a chance to read this science fiction novel then I recommend it. I wasn't the most studious in high school unless I found something entertaining and this book captured my attention. Anyway, I remember my teacher explaining the reasons for the Labrador area being chosen as the locale for this story. Saying that during a nuclear apocalypse, how certain areas of the world would likely remain untouched due to low population and geographical distance to huge centers. 

This is where my mind went.

Therefore, if there is a zombie pandemic, you can find me in Newfoundland/Labrador. 

F(x_x)F
(Can you see the "zombie" in the above emoticon? That's right.)
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment