Sunday 3 February 2013

Happy Be-lated New Year!



Happy New year to who-ever is reading my blog. My stats are slowly creeping up so I know someone must be reading these. Hope you had a wonderful New Years. Mine was low key, stayed at my parents with the Bf and watched Batman and blew up some fire-crackers and sparklers at midnight with my Dad. Lots of food and relaxation. As far as resolutions go, I didn't really try to specifically choose anything to work on. I've done this oftentimes before and every year by December I get all depressed to think I didn't try hard enough or something. Why add something else in your life to worry about and pressure yourself about accomplishing. I mostly just want to find happiness, live well and be a nice person. No pressure to worry about losing XX amount of weight or making $$$ or whatever other resolutions are popularly made. Besides, as of recently I've had other things to take care of and put stress on my mind...


I've been so busy that it's been difficult to update recently and there have been a lot of changes happening. I've finally finished working one of the two jobs I've been doing these past few months. And soon, I will be done this job as well. Why you might ask? Well because I'm going to be heading out of the country on a bit of an adventure for the next few months. I'm heading to Thailand, my Bf's home country, for the second time in my life to try to live, work and gain some international experience I guess. Not really sure how to wrap my head around it all. It's a big BIG change for this small town East Coast gal! The big busy BKK, hot weather, hot food (yum thai food is delicious), new job, new everything. Its a big step, but also one that I always knew I may have to take someday. Being in this kind of relationship certainly has it's challenges but it's also very rewarding. My Bf's been in Canada for both work and study for so long now and he hasn't spent more than a few months in Thailand for years. I know it must be very hard to step away from what you know and live so far from family. So it's my turn to sacrifice some time away from home and i am looking forward to the experience. 



But I do have my worries. I worry about making new friends. How I'm going to communicate. They say learning a new language is best done by throwing yourself right in. This is as in as you can get. I know basic phrases, Sawasdee Ka (Hello), Hong narm u nai? (Where is the bathroom?) Karp kun ka (Thankyou). Mai Pai lai ka. (Nevermind) and Kah Thot ka (I'm Sorry/excuse me). Don't mind my romanized-english versions, I have no idea if they are spelled right, just trying to give you an idea of the sound. 


Anyway, I will update again when I'm over there! Wish me Chok-dee ka (Goodluck)!

Please be advised that this is a late post that I had saved and forgot to publish before leaving. I've actually been in Thailand a week now and am doing well. Sorry I was so busy to update before. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment