Wednesday 17 April 2013

Sum 41 Live in Bangkok

In early March we got a call from one of my bf's friends here that Sum 41 was playing in the city. Just finishing up the end of their Asia tour, Bangkok was the last stop. 





I had seen them before at home in Moncton, New Brunswick for their Go Chuck Yourself tour with the bf when we were probably about 16-17 years old (2005). I remember at one point they had to stop because the kids in the crowd went so crazy they nearly broke the barrier between the crowd and the stage lol. They propped it with a couple 2 by 4s and kept playing though. Then I started thinking about it and realized, I turned 26 years old on April 12th, wtf that was 10 years ago almost. I'm getting older!! D:

So we jumped at the chance to see them again. I was a pretty big fan back in the day and had their poster on my wall (I still have said poster in my room at my parents house). I was happy for a night of nostalgia and a chance to hear some Canadian music live. I was feeling a little homesick after my first month or so in here in Bangkok. 

The opening acts were two Thai bands, Brandnew Sunset and The Yers. Both had super high energy and great music although I still have no knowledge really of Thai language so I could only appreciate the sounds not the lyrics. lol

The Yers performing.
If your interested you can check them out:

Someone told me that Brand New Sunset had an English album that did quite well in Singapore. Does anyone know? I'm not familiar with them so I can't say for certain. Here's some pics from the event.

Brand New Sunset's front man
At one time I knew all the words to "Fat Lip", and most of the lyrics from Sum 41's All Killer No Filler  and Does this Look Infected? albums. So I tested my memory when they came out and sang every word! LOL

Sorry the pictures aren't very clear, I couldn't get close enough ...
 Fun night! Maybe see these guys again in another time back on Canadian home soil... hopefully not 10 years from now though hahaha. 
Card/ticket from the event  :)
Until next time!

(ノ´▽`)ノ♪



No comments:

Post a Comment