Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bless you Ebay Seller!

So I managed to somehow misplace the A/C Adapter to my camcorder a few months ago and finally decided to get my act together this morning and give the company that made it a call about getting another one. Unsurprisingly my camcorder, barely two years old, is a discontinued product, so the customer service (C/S) rep. gave me a number of another company that I could probably get the products from. He couldn't tell me what Adapter might fit or give me any kind of serial number to find it on my own.

I called and after waiting about ten minutes that rep. told me that they will have the product I'm looking for in about 8 days because they have to order it. It will cost me $49.99 for the Adapter, an additional $15.00 for the plug and approx. $15.00 for a shipping fee. I was surprised that they would be separate charges for both plug and adapter? I mean, can't use one without the other, but like $80.00 and not even considering taxes on that? Uuughh. 

So I asked the C/S representative what type of Adapter is it? Like, whats the model number? She wouldn't tell me unless I purchased. I told her I would have to think about it. She gave me a ref. number to call back.

I thought about it. Went to ebay and searched my the model number of my camcorder. Found a top-rated seller who could send the A/C adapter, plug and another plug adapter for intl. use to me for $20.00 altogether and free shipping (About a savings of $60). Which do you think I decided to go with? Why do large companies do this? Not impressed.

Customer service my butt.

(*≧▽≦)ノシ))

No comments:

Post a Comment