Tuesday 6 November 2012

Halloween 2012 - The Geeky Scientist BEAST

Hello everyone, I know its November now but I just wanted to brag a little of my Halloween costume, which won 3rd place at work I might add. Got a $10 gift card WOOOP!

I was going for a geeky scientist sort of theme, a little less Big Bang Theory nerdy and a little more "Steve Urkel" from Family Matters. If you grew up in the nineties then you know who I mean.


Everyone guessed from the lab coat/scrubs that I was something-somewhere between nerd and scientist so I guess I was successful. Except one sarcastic fool who asked me if I was supposed to be a store clerk. Yes clearly I dress like this everyday for work. I should have given him this confused expression lol.


Did I mention I got a $10 gift card for my prize. FREE LUNCH WIN.
Would you believe I owned all items except the blue top ($3.25 Thrifted) and the bow tie ($1.00 Dollarama Halloween item) So my costume was under $5.00 total. I had the scrubs from a previous Halloween and the lab coat I had used for painting one time. All the accessories I had already accumulated and picked from my accessory hoard. Sometimes hoarding things can be useful in last minute costume preparations.

Both pairs of glasses Ardene, Rubik cube (originally a keychain) Ardene, POW! Hairbow and suspenders thrifted ages ago. Funky ghost and funny pen (not shown) seen in the pocket of first picture were borrowed.
Wish I completed the rubik's cube prior...

I figured this costume out the night before, one hour before stores close. So the moral of the story is when in a last minute rush and work has a contest put on something ridiculous by throwing funky stuff together and you can't go wrong. I love home-made D.I.Y. costumes, they always turn out the best!

After work I went home to hand out candy. I had some time to kill between trick-or-treaters so Buddy became my dress up toy.

Nerdy big nose, smelling the camera

Double sworded Ninja Assasin
Honestly he loves the camera and attention, so don't worry I didn't bother him too much. I think the glasses image is my favourite and is currently my bbm display image. The nose makes it.

Unfortunately we only had 4 Halloweeners this year because of the poor weather (remnants of hurricane Sandy), which was unusual since we usually get much more. Oh well, more candy for us.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! Until next time...
ヾ(^∇^)

No comments:

Post a Comment